Thursday 1 May 2008

Body Modification


One of my favourite passtimes is that of piercings. Everything about piercings I find fascinating, from choosing which piercing you want to have, the process, to what it looks like at the end. People who I consider friends, still think that I'm weird for this but shouldn't it be my choice? I love piercings because they let me feel like I can express myself, just not in the most conforming way. Shops such as Punktured (http://www.punktured.co.uk/) allow me to express myself by offering a piercing service Saying that though, body modification has become more popular in recent years. More people are becoming aware of different body art, but more importantly it is associated with different cultures. For example- it is quite common nowadays to see someone from the 'metal' culture to display some form of body modification.

I do not feel that body modification is being bad. But that is my opinion. We all have a right to our own beliefs.

No comments: