Monday 14 April 2008

Being Too Religious


Nothing annoys me more when I get a knock on the door to find that its the Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm an atheist, always have, and probably always will; and it is not as if i have a problem with people having a faith, but its when they preech to me about it I do. Do you find atheists going door -to- door trying to tell people how religion isn't good for them? Quite frankly no. I don't want to seem like I am disrespecting people and what they believe in, because I am not. I do think however, that religion should be kept private because it is in our human nature to have diversity, thus meaning not everyone is going to believe in the same thing- or even understand religion. Saying that though, it is quite easy for people to keep up with their faith an example of this is http://www.watchtower.org/ where people who have a Jehovah's Witness faith are able to go on.
Is this behaviour being bad? I do not believe that having a faith is being bad, but as for door-to-door knocking I feel that it should be a private matter.

1 comment:

David Wells said...

I agree with you. I've had people like Jehovahs witnesses coming up to me and trying to convert me.